April 29, 2011
Kindergarten warm up....
Today, Dylan & I went to kindergarten warm up at Haslet Elementary. This where we go to Dylan's new school and register him for Kindergarten and he gets to spend an hour or so in the classroom with the current kindergarten kids. (They only have room for about 30 kids do this.) He was super excited all morning! When we got to the school we all met in the library and then all the kids lined up and headed off to their classes. Dylan did so good! Once they got in their rooms they did a quick art project and then they went outside for recess. We also got a tour of the school. He was so excited to see everything. He had so much fun! This was a wonderful experience and I think it is going to make his transition to kindergarten so much easier! However, I on the other hand got a little teary eyed, so I am not sure this experience will help me come September! My baby has gotten so big, and so mature...I am not sure where the last five years have gone, but they went by extremely too fast!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holy cow...kindergarten??? I can't believe it. Such a big boy! I'm with you...I'll be bawling like a baby when it comes that time. Bittersweet.
ReplyDelete