March 17, 2011

Let's catchup...

The new year is here, and we have been making lots of changes at The Dobbs house.  The biggest change for our family so far this year is my work finally closed.  So that means I am officially a stay at home mom!!!!  We knew this was going to happen at some point, we officially found out the Monday after Christmas.  This came as a shock since the owner told us two weeks prior that we would be closing in May.  Which would have been perfect so Dylan could finish his pre K and then we could stay home all summer.  But our plans changed quickly and we pulled the kids out of school a little early and now we stay home and play all day everyday!  It has been an djustment for all of us, I will say some days are better than others, but for the most part we are really enjoying it!  I have been able to do a lot of things I had been putting off due to lack of time.  We have been doing lots of fun things to keep busy too.  We went to the zoo one Friday in February when it was unseasonably warm like 75.  We had a blast!

The boys had so much fun exploring.  Dylan got to touch a live star fish, he didn't even hesitate. 


He was so funny he saw this lizard and thought it was real.  I had to convince him it wasn't before he would get near it! 


We also just hang out at home and play together and stay in our pajamas all day.  Colt has really come out of his shell the past few months, and is such a character.  He gave up his paci.  It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.  We had been talking to him about it and how it was for babies and he wasn't a baby anymore.  I told him to throw it away and he went to the trash and threw it away.  He tried to go back a few hours later but I just told him no, it was gone.  He asked for it a few more times over the next week, but I held my ground.  Bedtime and naps were definitely the hardest.  He immediately started saying more words.  He now says probably close to thirty words.  He says new words everyday, yesterday his new word was snack!  Speaking of snacks....one of his favorite spots in the house is the pantry.  He disappeared one day and this where I found him.


chickadees.....at  least he shared....


He loves his big brother so much and it is totally mutual. Dylan is so good to him too! I am so proud of both of them and how well they play together. Woody on the other hand had to be put in time out, at least colt thought so.  I am not sure what he did, but it must have been bad! 


Dylan misses his friends.  I found him on the couch talking to some of them.



Last week we decided to spend the day at the Museum, it is such a fun place to go, for all of us!

Dylan got to touch a python snake, again, so proud...no hesitation. 



I didn't get a chance to get Colt out of the stroller to touch it, before a big group of kids walked up.  Here are a couple more pictures from our day at the museum, Dylan with an Indy car. 


Colt inside the ambulance.  I have to drag him out of this spot every time we visit.  He loves it!!


Marcie and Pops recently had a new baby llama, so we went down to visit them and all their llamas.  The boys absolutely love it down there.  Pops took us for a ride on the mule and we saw wild turkeys about 40 of them!  The boys had so much fun with all the animals, riding the tractors, the mule, and the DIRT!  The found a big hole Troy had dug with the tractor and played down there until I drug them out.  Here is the new baby, isn't she precious!



Luckily the weather has gotten a bit warmer and we have been able to play outside some.  The boys both love riding their scooters.





Sorry for such a long post but I had a lot of catching up to do.  I am going to leave you with this last picture.  We went out for lunch last Sunday it was probably 65 degrees, def too warm for a toboggon, but Colt insisted on wearing his and no other hat would do....


Love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment